Controllers of Personal Information
SLYK LTD, at Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, referred to below as SLYK, is data controller of personal information collected and processed as part of SLYK’s business operations.
What Personal Information About Customers Does SLYK Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you provide in relation to SLYK. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to purchase our products or receive our product updates and special offers.
For What Purposes Does SLYK Process Your Personal Information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve our business and your
interaction with it. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and promotional offers.
- Improve SLYK offerings. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of our website.
- Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal information to recommend products that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with us.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to SLYK products via different channels (e.g. by phone or email).
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, SLYK, and others.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your
consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
What About Cookies?
Does SLYK Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. your transactions and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform unctions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists,
analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but they may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Transfers out of the European Economic Area. Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
SLYK may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact us by email, at email@example.com
- If you want to browse our websites anonymously, you may do so by disabling cookies on your browser.
- When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request to know, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us, as above.
Are Children Allowed to Use SLYK’s Website?
SLYK doesn’t sell products for purchase by children. If you’re under 18, you may use SLYK only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, we retain your transaction history so that it is possible to review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products we may recommend.
Contacts, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at SLYK or want to contact us as above. Our business models may change over time and our Privacy Notice may change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use SLYK’s website
You provide information to us when you:
- Search for products;
- Place an order;
- Download, stream, view, or use content on a device;
- Communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- Complete a questionnaire, a contact form, or a contest entry form;
- Participate in community features, including leaving a review
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; payment information; your age; your location information; people to whom purchases have been dispatched (including addresses and phone numbers); e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; information and documents regarding identity and standing; VAT numbers; and device log files and configurations
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- e-mail address;
- the location of your device or computer;
- purchase and content access history;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; products and/ or content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number. We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes. Examples of information we receive from other sources include:updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- purchase or redemption information and page-view information for which we provide technical,
fulfillment or other services;
- information about your interactions with our products;
- search results and links
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
Information You Can Request
Examples of information you can request:
- status of recent orders;
- your complete order history.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any data or privacy related request.