- These Terms explain how you may use this website (the Site), which is provided by us free of charge.
- References in these Terms to the Site include the following website and all associated sub-domains and web pages: www.slyk.co.uk
3. You should read these Terms carefully before using the Site.
4. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the documents referred to in them.
5. If you do not agree with or accept any of these Terms, you should stop using the Site immediately.
6. If you have any questions about the Site, please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Content means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to or on the Site;
Terms means these Terms and conditions of use as updated from time to time;
Intellectual property rights means rights such as copyright, trade marks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world);
Unwanted Submission has the meaning given to it in the section entitled “submitting information to the site”;
Online Terms and Conditions of Sale means the Terms and Conditions (www.slyk.co.uk), which will apply to you ordering goods, services and/or digital content using the Site;
Site has the meaning given to it in clause A.2;
We, us or our means SLYK LTD (company registration number 11703977) the registered office of which is at: Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, United Kingdom.
References to us in these Terms also includes any group companies which we may have from time to time.
You or your means the person accessing or using the Site or its Content.
8. Your use of the Site means that you must also comply (where applicable) with our Online Terms and Conditions of Sale.
B. Using the Site
4. You may not use any “page-scraper”, “robot”, “spider”, “deep-link” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, copy, acquire, or monitor any part of the Site, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site.
5. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any part or feature of the Site, or any other systems or networks connected to the Site or to any of our servers, or to any of the services offered on or through the Site, by password “mining”, hacking or any other illegitimate means.
6. You may not scan, probe or test the vulnerability of the Site or any network connected to the Site, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Site or any network connected to the Site.
7. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to the Site, or any other customer of ours, to its source, or exploit the Site or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Site, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Site.
8. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Site or our systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Site.
9. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any transaction being conducted on the Site, or with any other person’s use of the Site.
10. You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to us on or through the Site or any service offered on or through the Site. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
12. The Site is intended for use only by those who can access it from within the UK. If you choose to access the Site from locations outside the UK, you are responsible for compliance with local laws where they are applicable.
13. You agree that you are solely responsible for:
(i) all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Site; and (ii) keeping your password and any other account details confidential.
14. We seek to make the Site as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties using the Site, please contact us at email@example.com.
15. We may prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with any part of these Terms, any terms or policies to which they refer or any applicable law.
C. Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
1. This Site and all intellectual property rights in it, including but not limited to any Content, are owned by us, our licensors or both (as applicable). We and our licensors reserve all of our and their rights in any intellectual property in connection with these Terms. This means, for example, that we and they remain owners of them and free to use them as we and they see fit.
2. Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site other than as necessary to enable you to lawfully access the Site as intended and authorised by us. You agree not to adjust to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site.
3. Trade marks:
The following are our trademarks: SLYK, Table & Wall Stand, Pillow Stand, Bathroom Stand, Floor Stand, Charging Station, The SLYK Collection, Bringing Comfort to the Smart Way of Living, Smarter Life for You and Your Kids, SLYK will Charge the World. Other trade marks and trade names may also be used on this Site. The use of any trade marks on the Site is strictly prohibited unless you have our prior written permission.
4. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
5. All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
D. Submitting information to the Site
1. While we try to make sure that the Site is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us. We therefore cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not submit any patentable ideas or patent applications, advertising or marketing suggestions, prototypes, or any other information that you regard as confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable (Unwanted Submissions) to the Site. While we value your feedback, you agree not to submit any Unwanted Submissions.
2. We may use any Unwanted Submissions as we see reasonably fit on a free-of-charge basis (bear in mind that we have no way of knowing whether such information is confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable because we do not monitor the Site to check for these matters). Therefore, we will not be legally responsible for keeping any Unwanted Submissions confidential nor will we be legally responsible to you or anybody else for any use of such Unwanted Submissions.
E. Accuracy of information and availability of the Site
1. While we try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot guarantee that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot guarantee that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on this Site is at your own risk.
2. We may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time as we see fit.
3. You may have certain legal rights when using the Site (such as if the Online terms and conditions for the supply of goods apply to you). These are also known as ‘statutory rights’ as they are derived from laws such as the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
4. Content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our products and news, features, services and other websites that may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes.
5. While we try to make sure that the Site is available for your use, we do not promise that the Site is available at all times nor do we promise the uninterrupted use by you of the Site.
F. Hyperlinks and third-party sites
The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than the Site. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third-party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third-party web site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third-party site.
G. Limitation on our liability
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for any losses. This exclusion shall include, but not be limited to:
(a) losses that: i. were not foreseeable to you and us when these Terms were formed; or ii. that were not caused by any breach on our part;
(b) business losses; and
(c) losses to non-consumers.
H. Warranty and Guarantees
1. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
2. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
I. Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these Terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood, fire, explosion or accident.
J. Rights of third parties
No one other than a party to these Terms has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
1. We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with us, please contact us as soon as possible. If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our complaint handling procedure, we will:
(a) let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you; and
(b) consider the need for Alternative Dispute Resolution and, if considered necessary, provide you with information about any alternative dispute resolution provider we deem appropriate to deal with your complaint.
If you want to take court proceedings, the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to these Terms.
Relevant United Kingdom law will apply to these Terms.
Controllers of Personal Information
SLYK LTD, at Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, referred to below as SLYK, is data controller of personal information collected and processed as part of SLYK’s business operations.
What Personal Information About Customers Does SLYK Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you provide in relation to SLYK. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to purchase our products or receive our product updates and special offers.
For What Purposes Does SLYK Process Your Personal Information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve our business and your
interaction with it. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and promotional offers.
- Improve SLYK offerings. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of our website.
- Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal information to recommend products that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with us.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to SLYK products via different channels (e.g. by phone or email).
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, SLYK, and others.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your
consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
What About Cookies?
Does SLYK Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. your transactions and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform unctions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists,
analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but they may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Transfers out of the European Economic Area. Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
SLYK may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact us by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to browse our websites anonymously, you may do so by disabling cookies on your browser.
- When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request to know, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us, as above.
Are Children Allowed to Use SLYK’s Website?
SLYK doesn’t sell products for purchase by children. If you’re under 18, you may use SLYK only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, we retain your transaction history so that it is possible to review past purchases (and repeat orders if desired) and what addresses you have shipped orders to, and to improve the relevancy of products we may recommend.
Contacts, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at SLYK or want to contact us as above. Our business models may change over time and our Privacy Notice may change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use SLYK’s website
You provide information to us when you:
- Search for products;
- Place an order;
- Download, stream, view, or use content on a device;
- Communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- Complete a questionnaire, a contact form, or a contest entry form;
- Participate in community features, including leaving a review
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; payment information; your age; your location information; people to whom purchases have been dispatched (including addresses and phone numbers); e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; information and documents regarding identity and standing; VAT numbers; and device log files and configurations
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- e-mail address;
- the location of your device or computer;
- purchase and content access history;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; products and/ or content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number. We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes. Examples of information we receive from other sources include:updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- purchase or redemption information and page-view information for which we provide technical,
fulfillment or other services;
- information about your interactions with our products;
- search results and links
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
Information You Can Request
Examples of information you can request:
- status of recent orders;
- your complete order history.
Please contact us at email@example.com for any data or privacy related request.